5005 N.E. 28th St.
Fort Worth, Texas, 76117
Master Plumber #M-7804
Kitchen Plumbing Repairs
Kitchen Plumbing Repairs
(In Fort Worth, Haltom City, North Richland Hills, and Tarrant County)
Kitchen plumbing repairs nagging you?
Is your house a disaster area?
The kitchen is the heart of the home and nothing is worse than not being able to use it because of kitchen plumbing that doesn't work.
Are you avoiding entertaining because your refrigerator freezer isn't making ice or your dishwasher isn't working?
Worse yet, are you eating out every meal because a clogged drain or broken garbage disposal prevents you from preparing dinner at home? That's a budget killer.
If you have any of these problems, you may need to call a professional.
- Non-working garbage disposal
- Clogged sinks
- No ice from the refrigerator ice maker
- Broken dishwasher
McCalman Plumbers can help you with these problems.
Our technicians are trained to repair and replace all parts of your home plumbing system.
Not only can we help you with disasters, we can also install new appliances. If you have a remodeling project in mind, we can help you with the design. We can even give you tips on how to keep your plumbing in tip top shape.
Read on for more details about common service needs around the house.
Kitchen Plumbing Repair #1: Garbage Disposal Not Working
Have you ever scraped food into the sink from all of the dinner plates only to find your disposal isn't working? Ugh!
All that food sitting in the sink with no place to go can start to smell bad quickly.
Fortunately, there are a few tips you can try.
First, make sure the power switch is turned off!
- Reach your hand into the disposal and check for a foreign object.Silverware or broken glass can easily fall in and cause a jam. Remove the trapped object and restart.Run some water and the food should now flow down the drain pipe.
- Reset the disposal breaker. Open the cabinets under the sink and look for a red button at the bottom of the unit. Press it to reset.
- Reset the house breaker. Access your house breaker box and reset the switch that controls power to the sink area.
If none of these solves the problem, call your McCalman plumber. We are experts at diagnosing problems and if necessary, installing new units.
Kitchen Plumbing Repair #2: Kitchen Sink Won't Drain
Does your kitchen sink empty slowly or not at all?
Preparing food is impossible if you have a clogged drain line.
So is washing dishes.
A home just can't function without a good kitchen faucet and a fast running drain.
Try these drain cleaning remedies, if you have a back up in your sink.
- Use a plunger. A few vigorous pumps with the plunger may be enough to work loose the clog.
- Treat the pipes with equal parts of vinegar and baking soda. Allow the mixture to sit for a few minutes then flush with warm water.
- Pour two parts baking soda to one part salt into the drain. Leave it undisturbed for several hours. Rinse soda down the drain with very hot water.
If these methods don't fix the problem, it's time to call a professional.
McCalman technicians can help you with any clogged pipes. They have the tools and the expertise to clean out the P trap, snake the sewer line or anything else necessary to get your sink working again.
To keep your drain lines open, don't dump any of these items down the sink.
- Grease of any amount. Even if you flush it with hot water, the plug is just moved further down the line.
- Meat with or without fat
- Stringy vegetables like potato peels and celery.
- Chemical drain cleaners. Splash over and spills can burn skin and also cause damage to pipes over time.
Kitchen Plumbing Repair #3: Refrigerator Won't Make Ice
You open your refrigerator on a hot summer day and reach in the freezer for some cold cubes. What a disappointment to find that your refrigerator isn't making ice cubes!
Don't go through another scorching summer without some cool refreshment.
Your ice maker assembly has several components that all must be working to provide you a steady supply of ice.
Your McCalman plumber can check for an adequate water supply to the assembly's water line.
He can also check the water filter to ensure no debris is preventing a good flow.
If the problem is more serious, we can help by replacing the entire assembly.
Kitchen Plumbing Repair #4: Dishwasher Not Cleaning
Tired of washing dishes by hand?
Feeding your family means dirtying a lot of dishes. Someone has to wash them. Wouldn't you prefer it was the dishwasher instead of you?
Maybe it's time you got it fixed.
Any of these could be signs that you are in need of dishwasher repair or replacement.
- Dishes not getting clean
- Leak in the unit
- Does not fill or empty
- Won't turn on
If your dishwasher is not working properly, McCalman plumbers can help you by repairing your existing unit or replacing it with a new one.
Give us a call and we will send out one of our friendly technicians to diagnose your problem.
McCalman Plumbing is a family owned business.
We are not open 24/7 because we take time off to be with our families. But we understand that you can have a plumbing emergency at any time.
We are always available to help you with any emergency situation that you have.
Our phone line is constantly monitored.
Our business is owned by a master plumber. All of our technicians are licensed and fully insured.
We have the skill and the experience to help you with all kitchen plumbing services.
We can also help in any other area in your home.
Call us if you have issues with your water heater, sewer line or even if you have a simple problem like an odor caused by an improperly connected vent pipe.
We treat you and your property with respect and your satisfaction is guaranteed.
Check us out at the Better Business Bureau.
5005 N.E. 28th St., Fort Worth, Texas, 76117
Call Us: (817) 834-6125
Get A Free Estimate
- Business Owner is a Master Plumber with Over 50 years experience
- Fully Equipped Trucks
- THE Original Slab Leak Locators
- All types of plumbing jobs done
- Fast, Accurate, and Friendly Plumbers
- Same-Day Service Availability
- 24/7 for emergency service
- All Technicians are Licensed and Fully Insured
- We treat you and your property with respect
- Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Fort Worth
- Haltom City
- North Richland Hills
- Grand Prairie
- Basically the DFW Area and points west...
- Call (817) 834-6125 for Free Estimate